Cooking with Beer: Chocolate Stout Cake

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to the Lonely Boner... where all your fantasies come true.

... wow that was awkward.

Welcome to the Lonely Boner. I know, you were googling lonely boners and somehow stumbled across a brewing blog. Ehh, it could be worse. I know when I'm looking for boners and I end up finding beer instead, I think its still a pretty good day. Wait, what?!

Anywho, the origin of the name comes from a conversation I had with my girlfriend. I forget exactly how it came up, but we decided it would be a good name for a bar. "I would totally go to the Lonely Boner," is what her exact words were. Then we realized that no one would ever zone for a bar named the Lonely Boner, so I figured "Hey, I can at least make a blog about it" because its the internet and this stuff doesn't matter on the internet.

So join me, in my half hearted attempt at a beer brewing blog. I should warn you; I am not a technical wizard, nor do I really understand the science behind brewing entirely, and I'm pretty sure I don't even quite know how to use my recipe writing program correctly, but what I do know is that I've made a few decent beers so far, I'm a quick learner, and I don't take my beer too seriously. After all, to quote (or paraphrase, since there's no way I'm rewatching all of Beer Wars to get this quote right) Sam Caligione or whatever his last name is, from Dogfish Head:

We don't take ourselves too seriously. We're making beer, not nuclear armaments.
So without further adieu, I'll blog about the beer that I'm currently working on in the first post. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Lonely Boner! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment