Cooking with Beer: Chocolate Stout Cake

Monday, June 6, 2011

Cooking with Beer: Chocolate Stout Cake

So, I haven't had much in the way of home brewing activity lately since I've been busy moving in with my girlfriend and thus have been quite busy. However, to celebrate, I wanted to do something special for her. It obviously had to involve beer. How about a chocolate stout cake? Sounds good to me.

After tinkering around the interweb for awhile, I found this recipe. I picked up a 4 pack of Young's Double Chocolate Stout and hit it. I'm not that great at baking cakes, having only baked once before but it came out quite nicely.





The icing was really easy and also really delicious. Simmer whipped cream and then whisk in 1# of chopped semi-sweet baker's chocolate. Yeah, I thought this was going to be too much chocolate too.


Frost it and here you go!



It will give you diabetes but it went nicely with a snifter of Stone's 2011 IRS. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment